My dear sewists,
I am making a simple dress that is suitable for a day out – the sleeveless drape neck dress. It is so easy to sew, and so flattering that it must be in your closet!
This dress is so so simple, it is a pullover dress which is recommended to be made with soft knit fabric. The slightly draped neckline helps to make it look more feminine, and for top heavy women, helps to divert eyes from your bust! You can see it in the 3D simulation below!
This dress comes in 10 sizes ranging from XXS to 5XL, and let’s see how it looks on specific models (I even think that this dress looks better on plus size models than regular ones!)
This is a simple beginner sewing project, and you can finish it in one free afternoon. Now let’s get started.
What you need:
- Fabric of your choice – preferably soft, flowy knitted fabric for softer drapes at the neckline
- Needle and thread
- Pattern for the Lily draped neck dress (size XXS-5XL)
- Fabric chalk or marker
After cutting and taping the pieces together, you will get 2 pattern pieces like this:
Sewing instruction for the Lily draped neck dress:
- Download and print out the pattern for the Lily draped neck dress.
- Cut the fabric according to the cutting instruction, you will get 1 front piece and 1 back piece.
- Serge and hem the neckline of the front piece then fold along the fold line so that the shoulder seam match.
- Use bias binding to finish the back neckline.
- Place front and back piece right side facing, sew the shoulder seam and the side seam.
- Use bias binding to finish the armholes.
- Hem the dress.
- Iron it and you get a nice dress ready.
I love simple projects like this one because it does not take me much time from start to finish, and my fabric stack is always full of beautiful pieces to try.
And here it is, the download link: Lily draped neck dress (size XXS-5XL).
Look forward to seeing your finished projects!